A healthy septic system is environmentally friendly.
The water treatment system at Blue Heron Trailer park is a well-balanced organism designed to naturally process waste from the RV holding tanks of your galley, grey and black water. Effective management of the wastes generated by the park guests depends on the health of the bacteria culture in the septic system. It is imperative for this good bacteria to remain live and healthy in order to help degrade the waste and convert it into safe and clean liquids before it enters the ground water system.
We ask our guests to please help keep the septic system healthy by adding the recommended bottles of enzyme waste treatment liquid and avoid disposing of the the following list of items in your RV toilets or drains.
A septic tank is not a garbage disposal. Keep the following items out of the septic tank:
- paints of an kinds
- solvents (e.g.: Varsol, paint thinner,)
- grease – commercial and industrial
- cosmetic products
- coffee grounds
- industrial cleaners (e.g. lye)
- cooking fats and oils
- cigarette butts
- large volumes of olive oil
- disposable diapers
- excessive use of hair gels, conditioners, etc.
- paper towels, facial tissue
- anti-dandruff or medicated shampoo
- sanitary pads and tampons
- chewing gum
- carpet or upholstery cleaners
- disposable gloves
- expired or unused medications
- medical waste
- toilet bleach pucks
- disinfectants, germicides
- antibacterial products
- bandages, cotton swabs
- detergent with dry bleach crystals
- personal and baby wipes
- peppermint palm and tea tree oils
- pesticides or herbicides
As a general rule, if it’s something you would digest or something you did digest, it’s safe for the septic system.
Thank you for your help keeping our septic system clean and safe for the environment. Please contact CarrolAnn if you have any questions about the management of our park waste treatment system.